Wednesday, December 23, 2009

If anyone read the posts before...this is a continuation.

Hayley giggled. A miracle maker that looked 14 and said that he was 565 and claimed that was a young age was rather comical. “You’re really 565?”

“Give or take three years, ten months and nineteen point nine three seconds.”

“So have you travelled a lot during all those years?”

The boy raised two palms signalling for her to stop. “What’s with all the questions? None of the people I’ve performed miracles for have ever been this chatty.”

“You don’t have to answer them. If you don’t want to, I mean.”

“No, I don’t mind answering them. I’m just curious about why you’re asking so many questions.”

“You mean no one’s ever asked you these questions before?”

“Duh, it’s not as if I talk to everyone I see. I hardly communicate with other people, mostly because I don’t want the word of me being a miracle maker spreading around. Or maybe it’s because I’m not that sociable...” He paused to scratch his head. “In fact you’re probably the only person I’ve spoken to this past five years. I do most of my work secretly.”

“Why don’t you want people to know you’re a miracle maker?” Hayley asked.

“Think about it, if word got out that I’m some sort of weirdo with the ability to perform miracles, they’d probably try to hunt me down don’t you think? It could be for selfish reasons or maybe selfless reasons but I’d still be hunted. And I don’t like being hunted, most of them are greedy, selfish people anyway.”

Hayley decided not to ask him more questions. He put his hands around the back of his head and reclined on the bench. He seemed almost asleep.

The boy sighed. “I have actually.”

“Have what?”

“Travelled a lot all those years. Practically the whole world.”

“Wow, that’s something. I’ve only travelled around Malaysia.”

“Probably better anyway. Not all the places I visited were pleasant.”

Hayley decided to sit down after all. “I wouldn’t mind as long as I get to see some nice places.”

The boy looked at her. “Would you really? You think you could handle all those war-torn ravaged lands? Those dark islands which are deserted except for a few deserted people resorting to cannibalism? All those deserts with people struggling to survive the day?” He shook his head. “No, not even if you had your heart. No normal person could take all those and live. Miracle makers can never be hurt physically, and it’s a good thing too.”

Hayley stayed silent. It was obvious that the boy had been through many places which had clearly terrified him. “Okay... Let’s focus on the cheerful places.”

The boy laughed. “I’ve been to some nice places. The countries in Europe are nice, most of them anyway. I’ve been to Australia a couple of years back, had to help a family with heat stroke.”

“Do you ever travel around just for fun?” Asked Hayley.

“I do travel for fun. But I also do work while on my travels. If I don’t travel for fun, I wouldn’t be travelling at all! Get what I mean? I don’t travel because I have to it’s because I want to.”

Hayley sighed. “Some day, if I get my heart, I’ll travel around and visit some nice places.”

“Hold on, did I hear an ‘if’ in that sentence? I’m going to give you your heart indefinitely. My miracles don’t have ‘ifs’ in them, they work without fail.” Said the boy. As if to prove his point, he made a small wave of his hand towards the ground where Hayley’s feet were. Immediately, small seedlings began sprouting from the ground. Those seedlings grew taller and flowers began blooming from the buds.

Finally, they stopped growing, and the final result was beautiful to behold. It was a garden of different flowers, all living and healthy and in full bloom. There were sunflowers, hibiscus’, roses, carnations, orchids and so many more including some Hayley had never seen before.

“Assume this as a promise.” Said the boy softly, gesturing at the flowers.

Hayley had never seen any flowers that were quite as beautiful or colourful before. She touched the petal of a flower she couldn’t really identify. It was red, a very bright, fiery red which seemed to give out a warmth that made it feel as if it were really on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment