Monday, December 21, 2009

lols, just for fun, i'm gonna do a 3rd post, wonder if anyone's gonna read it anyway...

The air at the park was refreshing. Hayley had spent a long time in the hospital where the air had distinct scent of medicine. It was great to smell the air around the park for a change.

The boy wasn’t enjoying it as much, after all he was the one lugging her 9kg battery that was needed to power her mechanical heart. “Now I know why you’re so thin.” The boy said as he struggled to carry the battery properly. “It’s from carrying this heavy, metal thingamajiggy!”

“No, I’m thin because of the frequent infections I’ve been having. I have to be fed fluids instead of real food. I really miss my mom’s cooking... And what’s a thingamajiggy?”

“It’s a...thingy. So you miss real food?”

“Of course.”

“So what sort of food do you miss?”

“Hmmm...I miss all sorts of food. Any sort of food.”

“Does that include maggot cheese, duck liver or bull’s penis? They are food.”

“Okay, nothing that freaky. Just plain old Malaysian food. I miss KFC especially!”

The boy raised an eyebrow. “You have a mechanical heart, and the food you miss the most is KFC? Well...that’s--awkward. I mean it is high in cholesterol and everything.”

“Just because I have a mechanical heart doesn’t mean I have to think of veggie everyday.” Hayley said.

The boy signalled Hayley to stop. He was tired already, but Hayley felt great. She didn’t notice that they had walked around the park twice.

The boy placed the battery steadily and sank into a bench. The bench hadn’t been there two seconds before.

“So, do you miss any food?” Hayley asked.

“Okay, why are we talking about food?”

Hayley shrugged. “Maybe because I miss eating?”

“You’ll get to eat plenty after you get your heart.”

Hayley didn’t feel like sitting down so she circled the bench the boy was sitting on. She felt too energetic.

“I do miss certain foods actually.” Said the boy.

“Oh really? What sort of food? Maggot cheese?”

The boy shook his head. “Malaysia has some fine food. Maybe I’ll stick around here for awhile. I forgot how nasi lemak tastes like. I spent the last three years eating raw fish at an Eskimo village somewhere near Siberia. You wouldn’t believe what cold raw fish tastes like after you have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dim sum would make a great difference.”

“So how old are you exactly? You talk as if you’re ancient.”

The boy frowned in thought. He counted his fingers. “I’m quite young. I’m around 565 years old.”

No comments:

Post a Comment