Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reboot a.k.a back from the dead?

Is it really me?

back from the dead?

revisiting this forsaken piece of um... i-dunno-what... on the internet?

yeah I guess so, see I got bored and, shit happened (or rather shit didn't happen, so that's why I'm bored)

Right so, I got nothin' to do, I just finished a part of this story I'm doing called Red Majestic (it's about a kid who becomes a superhero and ooh did I mention he's hot? yeah you should totally check him out sometime, oh wait you can't cos the chances of it getting published is the square root of negative 2, oh well...), scrolling down through facebook looking for some interesting stuff. Usually nothing interesting ever appears but, hey, I'm a weird kind of guy, hopeless hope comes naturally to me.

Now I know, I mentioned stuff about posting only stories here, but eff that, no one's gonna pass by and read 'em anyway *shows rude gesture to all the other popular blogs with stories out there wooo*

So it's been about a week after SPM, I can't really describe what I'm feeling now... Somehow I don't feel as great as I thought it would be? I mean don't get me wrong, SPM was stressful, especially the part where right before the last two papers, I get diagnosed with appendicitis and I'm told I had to go chop out my appendix. Now that kinda sucked. Couldn't study anything at all so, goodbye bio and accounts, see ya from heaven.

It gets boring you know, for any guy or girl who hasn't finished their SPM, unless of course you have a life, then you probably won't be that bored. Somehow, the routine-like thing of going to school over and over again and rejoicing when it's Friday has just... dug it's way deep into me I guess. It was familiar, sometimes it was fun, sometimes I damn near felt like just sleeping in class ignoring everyone and everything *that's the emo side of me by the way, be nice :)* Now that's probably all gonna go away. I knew everyone's name in my class, I poked fun at most of them, and now, knowing that it'll all be gone soon has me at a kind of...revelation I guess.

I realize that things are going to change. They already have started to. And my stand on this change is something like "I defy you change!!! Go away!" But it's not going away. It's here to stay. You can laugh and play. Or cry and bay (that means fight when you're cornered by the way =) it. just. won't. go. away. You have to take it in stride I guess. I know I'll survive, I can adapt, we all can. But the things that I wanted to do, the things I should have done, the things that could have been, they were the past. Now is the present. That is the future *points at uncertain, foggy road that popped out of nowhere* Sometimes I think I'm facing it alone. I guess I'm right, we're all gonna face it alone. It's just that some of us are more better equipped than the other, and some of us have more confidence, more companions. I've made it this far with what I have though, and it's what I have right now that counts. I don't know for sure, who I can count on, what I can do, what will become of me.
This is not me being emo. This is me reminiscing. Right before things change. Reminiscing one last time.

Remember, remember, the days of December, the day we left our schools forever.
Remember this when we are older:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both,
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could,
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there,
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay,
In leaves no step had trodden black,
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh,
Somewhere ages and ages hence,
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I...
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made a difference.

The Road Not Taken, a beautiful poem by Robert Frost.



No comments:

Post a Comment